When I grow up, I want to be the weather girl. If I became a weather girl, I would only have to be partially right about 20% of the time, the other 80% I would be able to guess from just looking at the sky…
Here is a peak at the winter weather that has shut down [almost] all of Houston and surrounding area today:
Whoa Whoa Whoa, can you believe it!? I mean, it’s almost 500 micrometers thick! WATCH OUT!
If you have kids, I’m sure you heard the big disappointment this morning when they didn’t wake up to even an inch on the ground. After all the hype on the radio and TV from the weather folks, it was like three feet were going to be on the ground when we woke up.
We actually got quite a bit of snow, but it hit two different atmospheric changes before reaching the ground, so all that we see now is minimal snow and lots and lots of ice/sleet/sludge. Thanks Humidity, didn’t think you would be so cruel to us in the winter as you are in the summer.
We did get what I like to call “crunchy grass”, grass covered in thick sheets of ice, it is so much fun to step on and hear the crunch crunch crunch under your feet. It reminds me of when Johnny and I were little, my parents used to set up the water hoses in the trees so that when we woke up there would be tons of crunchy grass and icicles connected to the trees, it was a winter wonderland!
We are supposed to get another hard freeze tonight, so maybe I will be able to build up enough warmth in my bones to do this for the girls to wake up to tomorrow morning. I better start layering now.
Happy “Snow” Day Folks!