Oh. My. Gosh.
Have you ever been sick of spending money? [Stupid, right?] I am there now. I don’t want to go to the grocery store. I don’t want to finish Sweet C’s room. I don’t want to have our master [finally] painted. I’m just over it.
My root cause mind wants to know how I got here. Here is a little jot of what I think may have happened…
- New coupons are rolling out and they are low value, like $.75/2 or $1.00/3. Don’t get me wrong, these coupons are great if you can stand to have three boxes of the same cereal and eat them all before they expire… or you have a family of 3+ who actually can take care of the stock quickly. We can’t, wasted money.
- We just purchased 40 pounds of delicious 93/7 ground beef from Zaycon… beef isn’t free, you know?
- Refinancing a home to a lower interest rate takes a lot of mullah up front, so our savings looks pretty weak right now. [PS, if you are at 6% or higher, now is the time to think about re-financing, especially since the PMI rate was currently reduced] That’s frugal news, you’re welcome. We used Cornerstone Mortgage, they are awesome, email me for their contact info!
- My Sweet C’s room is still a disaster. We have made progress – there is a bed, desk and mirror – but there is still so much to do and I prefer for her to come home to a calm area and not a construction zone. She is my delicate flower. One thing at a time, I know, but I want it done now. I’m so silly, I told her I would make her this ruffle throw, I haven’t even purchased the sheets to make it and she will be home on Aug 1. GUH!
- Christmas is just around the corner and I have already started shopping, there are TONS of great deals right now on items that I know will be utilized for gift giving. Today, I received an email for $20 off $75 to Vera Bradley, all the rage with the teens and tweens right now. There was a fantastic deal on Groupon over the weekend that I hit up for my brother and B, I’d tell you, but then they would know… what’s the fun of Christmas if you know your gifts?
- I have the slight sense that my beautiful, amazing, most wonderful car in the world might be kicking the bucket soon. It hurts my heart. Maybe from all the above, this is the one that gets to me the most. I bought her as a wee baby, just barely old enough to cruise the open roads. We have had a lot of ups and downs and, knock on wood, not one accident; I can’t stand the thought of losing her. It. Is. A. Car. But I paid for her, by myself [my awesome Dad co-signed], I fed her gas, I took her shopping… and to the shop. ::tear::
- Finally, my babe. My husband is the bomb. He works so hard for our family. He has provided the income to be able to take fun trips and enjoy the little “luxuries” like dates to Chocolate Bar, volleyball camps, massages, and much more. I feel like I [and Sweet C] have indulged in many luxuries while my husband has been working his tail off; he would argue that this is exactly WHY he works, for us to enjoy ourselves. I love that guy and I tell him I appreciate him every chance I get, but rewards are nice too. Love Languages.
So, you ask, how do I work on these items? Stop Spending. Pray thanks for our abundance. And then sell/donate something… or a lot of somethings.
I am on Facebook, did you know? My personal page is linked to about 7 different Beg, Buy, Barter and Sell groups in my general area. Have you heard of them? No? Well, imagine Craigslist, but extremely local, and people are more willing to meet up instead of making you come to their house [sometimes creepy]. Right now I am trying to sell this awesome Desk and Delta Shower Set; I have them posted on Craigslist and BBBS and have had quite a few hits but not the right buyer yet. Wah! These will help finish up my Sweet C’s room, so I am hoping they are sold quick.. August 1 is fast approaching. Oh, I also have a pair of roller hockey skates for sale, awesome right?
This past weekend I went out with my mom and sister [bro's gf] and purchased a few new t-shirts to upcycle into scarfs/necklaces and let me tell you, I found the most scrumptious XXXL blue t-shirt, check out SweetgumWay soon for new postings!
Also, I have a few designs on Zazzle that are worth taking a look! I love them all, but I guess any mother would love her own creations, especially my Eat. Pray. Run. repeat gear! :)
You can see, I am in a pickle. Don’t be surprised when you see a lot of homemade posts popping up within the next week or two. Remember the sweet string art I made for My Sweet C? Well, she changed her room color to pink and black, so you’ll for sure be sing another string art, because she LOVED IT… but in pink, maybe. GUH!
What about you? Have you been in this type of “I’m sick of spending money” situation before? What has helped you out and what did you sell/make to get a little extra cash in the bank?